cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

stadia controller

hi,

I have stadia on my laptop, but im thinking of getting the stadia premiere edition for my bedroom. But i dont get any wifi in my room so would i be able to play properly as the controller connects to the internet thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @K1NGBOB101 

could you please explain why your Stadia controller would has a solid internet connection but your Chromecast not? Also the CCU has an ethernet port - maybe this is an option for you. 🙂

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Community Member

hi @Tobonaut,

i was planing on connecting my chromecast ultra via ethernet. its the controler that would be the problem

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@K1NGBOB101,

does the wired and the wireless connection share the same IP range (network)?

The controller requires a wifi connection but I think it has not be that fast as for the CCU. 

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Yes the wired and wired shares the same ip

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @K1NGBOB101 

as far as I know, if you have enough wifi to satisfy the needs of the controller it could work.

I guess it would not be the best gaming experience in terms of input lag, etc.

You can still add a e.g. Google Wifi access point to your Ethernet cable in your bedroom. This would solve it - and yes, it's a little bit costly. 

---
0 Kudos
Community Member

Rukiye Dağ
0 Kudos