cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

stadia controller allignment issue

I was playing a game a few hours ago and decided to take a break. After coming back now and starting a game up I noticed I cannot make any selection to the left. Example, when opening Destiny 2 the cursor immediately goes to the right of the screen but cannot go left. If I use the + pad I can make a selection to the left but almost as soon as I hit the left button it goes right again. I can move up & down fine but it's impossible to play any games with the controller now. This error can be replicated on both PC & Chromecast.There is no damage to the controller and the joysticks are not tilted (so it's not like a bad spring). 

Troubleshooting steps taken:

• Power controller off, ensure no buttons are pressed and powered back on
  • Factory reset the controller
  • Restart the Chromecast
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @nekkron,

sorry to hear this.

You mentioned Destiny 2, have you tried other games as well and do you encounter the same problem there? If so, I would assume (as it's happening on the PC and CCU for you) that something is wrong with the controller. In this case, I would suggest you to contact the Stadia support to find out if they have any further troubleshooting steps you can try in this case. It might be though that the controller needs to be repaired/replaced.

If this is not happening in other games and in Destiny 2 only, it might be a bug or something similar in the game itself in which case I would suggest to contact the developers support to receive help in this case.

Wish you the best.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I've tried with multiple games. This happens regardless of game as it happens on the home menu screen of Stadia. I was able to get in touch with Stadia support directly and they started a RMA process. Really sucks as it's a long weekend and hoped for lots of gaming time. 

0 Kudos