cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Wireless connectivity issues with laptop.

There are a few posts about this on the Reddit page but I must admit I am becoming a bit frustrated by this issue after no reliable fix. My Stadia controller will accept the code given by Chrome on browser (MacBook Air 2017) and it will then turn steady white as if it's linked, however when I look at Stadia App it shows controller and says "ready to be linked". Whenever I press an input button on the controller nothing happens on the browser; I've tried restarting browser, refreshing, incognito mode, resetting Stadia controller completely, switching WiFi from 5.0 to 2.5 and vice-versa; always making sure the Stadia controller is on the same WiFi as my Stadia App. One of these seemed to have temporarily resolved the issue but I've been trying to connect over the last 20 minutes to no avail. Playing on my CCU there is no issue with linking; it's sometimes instantaneous. Any ideas?

@GraceFromGoogle, is the team aware of this issue? I know the wireless service is still new and you guys are doing your best to iron out the kinks; just trying to determine if this is an issue maybe with Macs specifically or if this is a larger issue.

1 Kudo
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Oh, and yes, I made sure the controller wasn't linked to my CCU because I was in the room and had the screen on to see if it would activate Stadia, but it didn't; so the controller thinks it's linked but something is not interacting right.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I updated my Mac OS to Catalina and I've been able to officially connect and play a few times tonight, however (and here is the big caveat): it will only register that the controller is linked on Chrome after every few attempts of shutting down controller completely/inputting code. I usually wait about 15-30 seconds before pressing any button on controller to give Chrome browser enough time to link, but if nothing happens after that time and the light is solid white still I will turn off controller and attempt it again. After a few tries it's been successful; a few tries for each successful gaming session.

0 Kudos