cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Wifi dies when plugging in headset

Just got my controller and started gaming. My friends also got stadia. Here is the weird scenario. When I plug in my headset to the controller my wifi crashes and connection is lost. Cant get it back until I unplug the headset. Is this a known problem that someone is working on this? Is my controller boken?

I have a Asus router If that would help. Rt-ac87u with firmware 3.0.0.4.382_51939

I searched for this scenario and it seems that others also have this weird issue. 

Without the headset function working its kind of useless for me and the controller will be used as a paperweight in the future. 

Br Alex

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

No one? Really? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Alex85 Presumably this is when playing on Chromecast? I don't have any trouble using a headset in that scenario but I did find that connecting my headset to the Stadia Controller while gaming on my phone causes significant input lag.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yes, chromecast ultra and stadia controller, it does not matter If Im gamling or not.

My wifi dies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Alex85 Does the entire WiFi network go down or is it just the controller which loses the connection?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

The entire wifi network dies. I lose connection on all other Devices.

0 Kudos