cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dunnkare
Community Member

Why is there no rumble in Shadow of the Tomb Raider?

Jump to solution

I played SotTR on Steam and my XB1 Controller went crazy all the time, almost too much rumbling on every corner of the game. Yet on Stadia, there is no noticeable rumble at all, even when the screen is shaking. Why is that and can I fix it somehow? (Yes, rumble is turned on in game and the controller is working perfectly - it rumbles strongly when I activate it.)

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
EMPTY6PACK
Community Member
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Dunnkare
Community Member
To clarify, I'm talking about the Stadia controller and Stadia on Chromecast Ultra. 😉
0 Kudos
Highlighted
BinaryJay Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Do other games rumble fine?  Did you double check that rumble is turned on in the game options specifically?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dunnkare
Community Member
Yes, rumble works fine in Destiny 2 for example. And yes, vibration is activated in the ingame options of SotTR.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
BinaryJay Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I don't have the game on Stadia so I can't verify if it's just you or a game bug.  Hopefully someone else with the game will weigh in here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dunnkare
Community Member

I hope so too. The game runs much better than on my PC (opposed to Destiny 2), but I really miss the rumble effect. It adds a lot to the experience for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dunnkare
Community Member

I got an answer from the Square Enix support. It's a known problem, and there's no ETA on when or if it will be fixed..

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Got2bustagrumpy
Community Member
Same problem for me, when playing SoTR (also Rise of TR) on Chromecast Ultra. Until recently, the rumble was working in RoTR though. I also tried these games on PC hooked to Stadia controller (and Dualshock 4 controller) and the rumble is working, that way. FYI the rumble works in: Destiny 2 (on CC & PC) Samurai Shodown (on CC & PC) Tomb Raider 2013 (on CC & PC) Darksiders Genesis (on CC & PC) So I suppose that the problem will be resolved by Eidos/Crystal Dynamics soon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
EMPTY6PACK
Community Member
0 Kudos