cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

When will it get wireless?

When will there be Bluetooth support? Boy, when I subscribed as a Founder I surely thought this feature would be available BEFORE the next great pandemic. 

2 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@4L3X4ND3R :

The answer is soon, as this was a feature that is intended to be rolled out in the March/April time-frame depending on how you interpret the message that was sent out in January on new features being rolled out over the coming 3 months.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

There's also evidence that the framework for wireless capability is being worked into the Android app so hopefully that will happen soon, but it's also possible that the whole pandemic thing has delayed a lot of work on new features.

I'm eager to stop using a hub so I can keep my phone charged while playing.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

As someone working in tech there is no reason for the pandemic to be slowing this process unless one of the lead engineers is ill or took time off for family... This should be a great opportunity for the team to get more done working on their own schedules from the comfort of their homes....

I too expected wireless ON LAUNCH actually, so this is just crazy to me. Having to have a controller, that is optimized to work wirelessly, plugged in to work with my Google phone is just foolish. Bad management causes things like this to happen. They need to get their act together and ship release with this feature ASAP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

The data sheet of the Stadia controller lists "Bluetooth Low Energy 4.2 (BLE)". It is a suable warranty issue.

1 Kudo