cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Using USB-C to USB-C cable with phone and stadia controller

Hi everybody. Google support wasn't much help on this question. But I have a LG g8 running Android 10. I was wondering if the USB-C to USB-C cable will work with this device and the stadia controller ? Live chat support wasn't any help and it was very frustrating experience. Would like to play mobile with the controller. But want to know if it this method will work with my LG g 8 and if so will it work via app or do I have to use my chrome browser. Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Mh just an idea, but using a cable would be one way to be able to connect the controller with your Android phone, the other way would be a wireless connection (see here in this article). Have you tried wireless already?

If this doesn't help: Can you give some more details like is there an error appearing when you use the cable or which cable exactly are you using (is it the USB-C cable from Google which was in the controller-package)?

Usually there shouldn't be any problem with a USB cable, the controller and an Android device.

1 Kudo
Community Member

But doesn't the wireless option require wifi ? I'm trying to play with the stadia controller without wifi on mobile data 

1 Kudo
Community Member

I know that my Pixel 3a is running Android 10 also, however I believe initially that Google used it's own phones proprietary to the Stadia app allowing you to play games mobile, if the option to use 'this screen' on your last played game upon app launch isn't seen then you can conclude your device isn't compatible/on the accepted model list. Also, there is a new experimental feature that uses data from your phone plan, best with 5g I'd assume for best gameplay, 4g is passable but lacking. Both devices need to be connected to the same data source, so possibly hotspot from phone? Never tried, I know that one round of anything in Destiny2 is about 8 percent of my battery so if I had to use all that extra energy to broadcast wifi while doing heavy bandwidth parceling I'd imagine you'd see your battery drain pretty fast.Hope this helps! Happy gaming!

1 Kudo