cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Member

Using USB-C Headphones with Stadia Controller

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

just wondering if it is / should be possible to use USB-C headphones (in my case Google Pixel USB-C in-ear headphones) with the Stadia Controller?

3.5 inch headphone jack works perfectly fine.

If not possible or supported is there any plan for support in the future?

btw. the Controller is a great piece of hardware, love it and no issues at all ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

---
Stadia in-game: bFudg3
Tags (1)
5 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

@bFudg3 Not at the moment unfortunately, but it will be supported in the future according to the FAQ.

"The Stadia Controller will support the 3.5mm audio jack at launch. Support for USB-C headsets will be added after launch. Headsets can be used for game audio, as well as for in-game and Stadia voice chat. The Stadia Controller won't support Bluetooth audio at launch in November. If youโ€™re playing on a computer or a Pixel phone, you can directly connect a Bluetooth headset to these devices for use with Stadia."

View solution in original post

5 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Member

@bFudg3 Not at the moment unfortunately, but it will be supported in the future according to the FAQ.

"The Stadia Controller will support the 3.5mm audio jack at launch. Support for USB-C headsets will be added after launch. Headsets can be used for game audio, as well as for in-game and Stadia voice chat. The Stadia Controller won't support Bluetooth audio at launch in November. If youโ€™re playing on a computer or a Pixel phone, you can directly connect a Bluetooth headset to these devices for use with Stadia."

View solution in original post

5 Kudos
Community Member

Hi Guys,

Did i miss somthing and USB-C headset is now compatible or even bluetooth headset (to be very clear with Chromecast)?

if not yet available don't you think it's time for it ?

thx for your quick reply

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Anyone know if the USB-C support for headsets has been added now?

2 Kudos
Community Member

Not that I know of. Then again, they released a mobile app that you can view your screenshots on, but you can't download them to your phone. So this is absolutely expected.

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@StadiaTeam

This is something that is very important to me, as the controller is incapable of powering conventional 3.5 ml headsets that actually sound good, I have my Sennheiser studio cans, and a Bose headset, they're both basically unusable (problems with volume etc), the only headset I've found that is any good, if a pair of headphones I got free with a phone a decade or so back. 

When/if they are releasing the function would it give the controller the ability to actually power USB-C headsets properly, for example would my Razer Hammerheads be ok, or a pair of Creative SXFI Trio, or would we be stuck with using Oneplus Bullets or a Pixel USB-C headset? 

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I was using my Pixel USB-C earbuds just fine over the weekend.

1 Kudo