cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
honibunni
Community Member

Swapping controller between two TVs

Jump to solution
Gang, enjoying Stadia and I decided to order a second Chromecast Ultra so I can play on different TVs in my house. I only have a single Stadia controller at the moment, and I imagine my workflow to go back and forth between TVs will be to turn on the Stadia controller, then press and hold the Stadia button and re-link to the appropriate TV. Does this sound correct?
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@honibunni : That sounds about right to me.  Each CCU will display a different key sequence, so just linking with the appropriate code each time you wish to switch TV.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Phettsack
Community Member

I have two chromecasts in use and its easy.

One important thing, for the first setup, do not connect the chromecast to LAN-cable, otherwise its not possible to get it in your home installation. At least I had a hard time to find that out 🙂

And for daily use, for me its better to choose the game and the display first in the app. Otherwise when you start your controller, it starts the chromecast that was in use last. In general, thats a nice feature but can be annoying when you choose another TV because people are sitting in front of that.

2 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide

@honibunni : That sounds about right to me.  Each CCU will display a different key sequence, so just linking with the appropriate code each time you wish to switch TV.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Samas
Community Member

Could you also have multiple controllers linked to the same TV? Or do you have to pair it every time you want to play?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide

@Samas : You can have multiple controllers linked to the same CCU/TV.  That's the setup we have at home, 2 controllers both are linked to the same CCU. We can launch Stadia from either and no issues that I've encountered yet.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Samas
Community Member
Perfect, thanks @Mad_Dog_Bravo for the quick reply. I'm looking to snag up one of the premiere edition white controllers at some point soon to prep for the inevitable couch co-op games coming. Cheers!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide

@Samas : Good to hear.  We also have a white controller to go along with the founders edition blue controller.  I had to get different color controllers just to avoid arguments as to whose controller is whose when the kids take over.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Phettsack
Community Member

I have two chromecasts in use and its easy.

One important thing, for the first setup, do not connect the chromecast to LAN-cable, otherwise its not possible to get it in your home installation. At least I had a hard time to find that out 🙂

And for daily use, for me its better to choose the game and the display first in the app. Otherwise when you start your controller, it starts the chromecast that was in use last. In general, thats a nice feature but can be annoying when you choose another TV because people are sitting in front of that.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
honibunni
Community Member
You are so spot on @Phettsack! My process is now starting up from the app on my phone, then turning on my controller and holding the Stadia button to go straight into linking mode. Works smoothly that way! Previously I had the problem you described... Thanks so much for sharing!
0 Kudos