cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Stadia Wifi Controller connection

Hey all! I am having issues connecting my controller via to Chrome on PC, running Windows 10. I connect to my wifi, I can even see it on my wifi interface. Then, I enter pairing code from Chrome, and nothing happens. It blinks white for a couple seconds. Then, it vibrates and goes orange. Sometimes, it goes back to white.

I have heard rumors that connecting your controller with a cable may somehow mess up the wifi connections later.

Any ideas? Thanks

@GraceFromGoogle 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @cphillips818

do other devices have similar issues? Could it be, that your wifi fluctuates in strength?

Till today, I have no issues swapping between cable and wireless *hm*.

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Community Member

I'm having a similar issue. My controller works fine with my phone and Chromecast but I cannot connect it to my PC. My second controller works just fine on the PC. It blinks white, I put in the link code, it vibrates then turns white. After about 20 seconds it just shuts off and I never receive a message on the PC that the controller is linked. I haven't tried plugging it in with a cable yet. I'll give that a try. It's just a weird problem.

0 Kudos
Community Member

1 Kudo
Community Member

I figured mine out as well. Before doing a factory reset I found a way to prevent the controller from automatically linking to another device. Apparently it was trying to connect to a different device:

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9584135

1. Make sure your Stadia Controller is off.
    • If your controller is on, press and hold the Stadia button for 4 seconds to turn it off.
  2. Press and hold the Stadia button for 3 seconds, until your controller rumbles twice.
  3. The controller is ready for you to enter a new linking code.
0 Kudos