cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Stadia Founders Edition connection issue July 2020

Jump to solution

Hey all, founders edition owner here. Been a big backer of this idea albeit I'm not a 'gamer' - if that makes sense?

Been playing a ton of Division 2 lately and LOVING it - playing on Chromecast stadia came with as well as another 4k Chromecast with no connection issues whatsoever (in terms of controller not connecting to a Chromecast)

Until yesterday. Had been playing Division 2, no issues most of afternoon and took a break go run to grocery store. Came back and now controller won't connect to either chromecast but will connect to my phone or tablet via same wifi connection.

SO - I'm a bit annoyed, but also confused.

I'm a tech person - running gigabit internet via dual band ac Asus router. Chromecast have always been on 5ghz as well as the Stadia and all my devices (phones/tablets).

Nothing changed settings wise when I left for the grocery store.

I've factory reset both chromecast. Still nothing.

Cleared data/cache for Google home/Stadia. Still nothing. Only connects via WiFi to phone or tablet still.

I reset controller.

Still same results.

So what gives??? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hello @tonyv 

There was a known issue with linking controllers to chromecast ultras yesterday that should be fixed now. Can you check again and report back whether this is resolved for you at this point?

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hello @tonyv 

There was a known issue with linking controllers to chromecast ultras yesterday that should be fixed now. Can you check again and report back whether this is resolved for you at this point?

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

All seems to be working again. 

That had me going crazy! Where did you (or would I) go to find out information about that....seems like if others knew there was something posted somewhere?

Appreciate the feedback @JohnZoidberg 

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Tony I'm glad to hear it's resolved for you. There were numerous postings to r/Stadia about it, but nothing official.

0 Kudos