cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Stadia Controller keeps disconnecting from WiFi

My CCU is connected via Ethernet cable.  My controller is not even 15 feet away from my Google WiFi router which is connected to the internet.  Sometimes it takes like 2mins to get it working again.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Catalyst Is the CCU connected to the Google Wifi node directly or to something else? How many WiFi nodes do you have?

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yes the CCU is connected directly.  I have two nodes.  The 2nd node is father away than the one that I should be connecting to.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Catalyst And is that closer node the "primary", with the direct connection to the internet?

0 Kudos
Community Member

Correct.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Catalyst Hmm, have you tried resetting the controller to see if that helps at all?
https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9584135 

0 Kudos
Community Member

No I've not done this.  I will try it and report back.

1 Kudo
Community Member

I've now done the factory reset.  It's still doing it.  =(

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Catalyst Maybe try turning off the secondary node for a bit to see if that has any impact? That would help to rule out any mesh-related issues.

1 Kudo
Community Member

@codesplice I could not reproduce the issue while testing with the mesh Google WiFi point down. It would seem that the controller is hoping despite it having a great signal to the primary point. Any suggestions on a fix for that?

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Catalyst A clue!

... but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure what to do with that information. You might try using the option in the Google Wifi app to reboot the network and see if that helps the controller to stick to the right AP. But I'm not really sure what else to try there.

0 Kudos