cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pwn0gr4phy1990
Community Member

Quality Control issues with Stadia Controller.

There is a major quality control issue with these Stadia controllers. I've been through four controllers now and it's always the same issue. Either the L2 or R2 trigger gets super sensitive after a few days to a couple weeks and sends random responses like the trigger is still pulled down, even though it's not. It's not an RMA stock issue either. I've had one controller RMAed (it had the same issue and so did the new one,) and I've bought two and they all had the same exact issue. I've now owned every color of the controller also. I'm thinking a recall and a new revision of the controller is in order as I've seen countless reports of people having the same issue. I love the Stadia, they just really need to address these controller problems.
1 Kudo
7 Replies
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Pwn0gr4phy1990 : No issues to report with either of our two controllers, a founders edition blue and a white controller.   The kids and myself have been giving Stadia a good running in since Christmas and no issues yet with either controller.

Not sure what I can recommend beyond your current approach, unless it is a wide scale problem that lots of users are encountering I think a recall is a bit excessive IMHO.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pwn0gr4phy1990
Community Member

It is a wide scale problem. Just look through Google and you'll see a substantial number of people having the very same issue. Especially in games like Destiny 2, Final Fantasy XV, and Farming Simulator 19.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pwn0gr4phy1990
Community Member

Even just look through these community forums and you'll see a number of people having problems with the triggers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atipix
Community Member

I've got the same problem with the R2 button and I can see that is a widespread problem with a lot of Stadia users. But is there any solucion by Google or will they left us like that? Is there someone who got a solucion?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Briggs
Community Member

Have same issue as well, and have spoken to a lot of others who have experienced it too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Matt1
Community Member

Just found the same problem with my second (black) controller R2 button. My founders edition is still fine. Is there a link to use for reporting to try and sort a replacement for the faulty one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Makaveli
Community Member

Just organising a replacement for my founders edition. Played about 20 hours of Ghost Recon, split between founders edition and another controller that I rotate when battery is dead. Left trigger has gone crunchy. So far no sticking and it still functions but fear it could go at any time.

The amount of wear and tear these should be able to take over their lifetime means they should not wear out in several months.

0 Kudos