cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Please make a more premium controller

Stadia controller feels extremely cheap.  Mine arrived yesterday.

Already have my PC and consoles etc, purely wanted to check out the Stadia for curiosity and fun for the odd time I want to play a PC game (ESO) on the couch and have my progress cross save.

I have no problem buying another controller, but the Stadia controller feels so cheap - like a cheap third party controller that you’d never use given the choice over the real thing. Would love to see a premium Stadia controller, and/or the option to connect with Xbox or DualShock via chrome cast.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

On Reddit I've made a post about my squeeky controller. I've made a ticket with Google Stadia support and it's getting replaced though.

But apparently there are more people than there should be that are mentioning problems with their controllers. 

Some also said that I should keep the 'noisy' controller as you could receive a new one that could be worse.

I'm liking the Stadia tech but indeed their controllers are not of the greatest quality, unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion... I actually think the Stadia controller is the new gold standard. I'd say the Xbox controller was the best until Google released the Stadia controller. Not quite sure where you get the idea that this device feels cheap... It has heft, feels great in the hand based on the texture and ergonomics and is precise. Plus... Cool colors! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I really dig the controller as well, the only thing i dislike (if i need to [point out something), is the Right trigger button beeing to "big / deep".
Other then that, i really like it as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

i wish they made 2 controllers because i like the location of the dpad and left thumbstick on the xbox controller.and also sort the volume out as its way too quiet.

0 Kudos