cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Please make a more premium controller

Stadia controller feels extremely cheap.  Mine arrived yesterday.

Already have my PC and consoles etc, purely wanted to check out the Stadia for curiosity and fun for the odd time I want to play a PC game (ESO) on the couch and have my progress cross save.

I have no problem buying another controller, but the Stadia controller feels so cheap - like a cheap third party controller that you’d never use given the choice over the real thing. Would love to see a premium Stadia controller, and/or the option to connect with Xbox or DualShock via chrome cast.

2 Kudos
8 Replies
Community Member

On Reddit I've made a post about my squeeky controller. I've made a ticket with Google Stadia support and it's getting replaced though.

But apparently there are more people than there should be that are mentioning problems with their controllers. 

Some also said that I should keep the 'noisy' controller as you could receive a new one that could be worse.

I'm liking the Stadia tech but indeed their controllers are not of the greatest quality, unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion... I actually think the Stadia controller is the new gold standard. I'd say the Xbox controller was the best until Google released the Stadia controller. Not quite sure where you get the idea that this device feels cheap... It has heft, feels great in the hand based on the texture and ergonomics and is precise. Plus... Cool colors! 

2 Kudos
Community Member

I really dig the controller as well, the only thing i dislike (if i need to [point out something), is the Right trigger button beeing to "big / deep".
Other then that, i really like it as well.

0 Kudos
Community Member

i wish they made 2 controllers because i like the location of the dpad and left thumbstick on the xbox controller.and also sort the volume out as its way too quiet.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I am happy so far with the controllers, so for me a "more premium controller" would not be needed, but everyone can have their own opinion of course. 🙂

1 Kudo
Community Member

For me the stadia controller is the best controller I've ever owned.

The big triggers are such a blessing for destiny 2....

0 Kudos
Community Member

I'm with those who think that the Stadia controller is just as premium as the Xbox One and PS4 controllers - pros and cons across all of them to be honest.  It sits very comfortably in my hand and has a good grip.  My fingers rest nicely on the large triggers, but I do think they could do with a little bit more resistance.  I like the clicky nature of the buttons, the rounded d-pad, and my thumbs are symmetrical so much prefer the stick placement adopted by SONY.  It's not that I don't get on with the XBox stick placement, it's fine and not that big-of-a-deal, but given a choice I'd take the layout as it is on the Stadia controller.

Who knows how it will compare to the new XBox Series X and PS5 controllers, but I can't see there being huge differences across generations.  Small cosmetic tweaks here and there for Xbox, with perhaps more advancement for PS5 and its haptic triggers.

At the end of the day you are not restricted to just using the Stadia controller so it's a moot point anyway.

1 Kudo
Community Member

I'm not a console person but always had controllers around. Since I recieved my dark/orange Stadia controller from the FE I did not use any other controller, even though I have to use a USB-C cable to connect it to my PC. Still worth it, only the buttons seem a bit loud but with a gaming headset on this point also vanishes for me.

_
Sometimes streaming Stadia on twitch.tv/deathdragonaw
0 Kudos