cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Pixel 4 - Wireless Connection to Stadia Controller

Jump to solution

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I can not get my stadia controller to connect to my pixel 4 for wireless play. Connects no problem to Chromecast and my pixel book, just not my pixel 4. Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

I figured it out. I use Google Fi phone service and use their VPN. That was causing the issue where the controller would not connect with the phone. I tried turning off the vpn and it connected instantly.

You would think 2 sister services, Google Fi and Stadia would have thought of that to at least let us know in the support.

I chatted with Stadia support, they didn't know.

Anyway, that was the issue.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
1 Kudo
3 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@TheBurglekutt Did you make sure that the controller was completely unlinked to other devices beforehand? Hold the Stadia controller as it's turning on until it vibrates twice and it should forget the previous connected device.

Love does not despair. Love gives us hope that change is possible
0 Kudos
Community Member

I figured it out. I use Google Fi phone service and use their VPN. That was causing the issue where the controller would not connect with the phone. I tried turning off the vpn and it connected instantly.

You would think 2 sister services, Google Fi and Stadia would have thought of that to at least let us know in the support.

I chatted with Stadia support, they didn't know.

Anyway, that was the issue.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@TheBurglekutt Thank you so much for providing us an update. That'll really help future users having trouble!

Love does not despair. Love gives us hope that change is possible
1 Kudo