cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

One stadia pro account, 2 controllers, husband and wife players - how to use 2 controllers, avatars?

Jump to solution

Hi, we are nooby stadia gamers with previous Nintendo Wii and arcade experience, but taking some time to get used to the stadia controller.

Would like to ask for advice/suggestions  on 2 questions 

- can we use the 2 controllers we have in a game like GRID with a separate avatar and controller for my wife and I?  We have one stadia pro account  but are clearly part of the same google family.

- when trying to use a single controller on GRID, the steering and acceleration  are way too sensitive  resulting in crazy oversteer and gaining speed uncontrollably fast.  Should we?

--- adjust the game settings?

--- buy a steering wheel, if so, which one?

--- just keep going until you get good enough?

--- something  else

1 Kudo
1 Solution
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Graham1 Some games support local multiplayer (one account, one screen, multiple controllers), but I'm afraid that GRID does not. You can check the game features in the Stadia store (https://stadia.google.com/store/) to see if "local multiplayer" is listed as a game mode.

GRID's a tough game, and it might take a lot of practice to get really good. That said, I'd definitely recommend adjusting the controller settings in the game to make it a bit less twitchy. As of right now, Stadia doesn't directly support racing wheels - but hopefully that will be added soon.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
5 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Graham1 Some games support local multiplayer (one account, one screen, multiple controllers), but I'm afraid that GRID does not. You can check the game features in the Stadia store (https://stadia.google.com/store/) to see if "local multiplayer" is listed as a game mode.

GRID's a tough game, and it might take a lot of practice to get really good. That said, I'd definitely recommend adjusting the controller settings in the game to make it a bit less twitchy. As of right now, Stadia doesn't directly support racing wheels - but hopefully that will be added soon.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

Thanks, very helpful

0 Kudos
Community Member

Thank you - helpgul

0 Kudos
Community Member

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @Graham1 

the steering is very diffrent from car to car. I love to race with the Mini Cooper. Tha'ts a quite funny car.

Do only buy a Racing Wheel if you are really into it and please keep in mind, that a steering wheel does currently not work if you are playing on a Chromecast Ultra. 🙂

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
1 Kudo