cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

No sound via headphone

I'm using stadia since 3 days. Today i tried to use the stadia controller with headphones/headsets (3 different) for the first time. The TV shows that a headphone is connected in the upper left corner. But the sound is completly dead. Nothing to hear. The volume in the stadia settings for chromecast and headset is all the way up to the right at max. Is my controller broken or did google maybe deactivate the function today to update/fix the low sound by headphones some people complaining? Can someone test it today? Cheers from Berlin

EDIT: So the controller hardware seems to be ok. I tried to play with headset in stadia controller on my notebook on chromebrowser. Sound works perfect. So now i have to figure out why its not working when using the chromecast and stadia controller. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
1 Kudo
5 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@razzzar Is your Chromecast connected by a wired ethernet connection? I just saw another thread describing that the headset audio didn't seem to work when the Chromecast connected via ethernet but did when connected to WiFi:

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-on-Chromecast/Using-a-headset-plugged-into-the-Stadia-control...

I wonder if the audio routing might get treated differently in that scenario for some reason.

In any case, since it does seem that your hardware is okay I'd suggest using the Send feedback option in the Stadia app to let the developers know about this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yes its when i'm using ethernet for the chromecast. But its not the reason. It has something to do with "same lan". When i use ethernet modem/cc the sound doesn't work. When i use ethernet router/cc it works. Wlan/cc + wlan/controller works too.

Somehow sound doesnt work when cc using ethernet directly in modem which is the fastest way speedwise at my home. After modem there is my router which i use for wifi in my appartment. When i plug ethernet there it works.

It's strange anyways because the controller steering works when i use the modem ethernet and stadia recordnize the headset top left corner but its dead. Sorry for my bad english.

Cheers razzzar

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

same here actually, sound fine, but nothing when headset plugged into the controller. Im also not getting any teamspeak anywhere in destiny, ideas?
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Same problem here. Everything is fine when I use wifi, excepting that my wifi is weak, and hurts Stadia performance. .. so I used ethernet. Stadia is super smooth, but I don't get audio from the 3.5mm jack on the controller, when I have ethernet connected to the Chromecast. I also get the visual notifications that I have attached or detached the headphones. Clearly the stadia knows what's up, it just doesn't send the audio to the controller when connected by ethernet.
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I had the exact same issue. I thought the solution of using Ethernet vs wifi was bull, but gave it a try anyway and it worked! How can this be a reproducible issue for this long and Stadia not fix it?!

Ugh, complaints aside. Thanks for the thread, this helped!

0 Kudos