cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Phettsack
Community Member

No reaction from controller every few minutes

My setup: Stadia controller (founder) with chromecast ultra. Since a few days, it seems that the data from the controller are not coming to the game sometimes (in my example Tomb Raider DE). I press forward, then Lara moves on and doesn't stop for some seconds. Or I look around and it feels like carousel. Few moments later, its normal. This happens irregularly every few minutes. I have no graphic problems at all, picture is clear all the time. For me, it seems that the data of the controller disappear somewhere on the way to the stadia server. Unfortunately, I found no way to check the controller upstream if it gets stucked somewhere. I even put the controller in the realtime-group in my router, this has not solved me problem.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Phettsack : Try a reset to factory default of the controller and add it back again, just to see if that makes any difference.  Aside from adding the controller to a 5Ghz WiFi network rather than a 2.4Ghz one there isn't much else that can be done AFAIK.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Phettsack
Community Member

Thanks for the quick answer! Does the controller communicate only via WLAN with stadia or is there some bluetooth data exchange with the chromecast, too? Because I bought a second chromecast ultra on sunday and since then I maybe have this problem, but I haven't played few days before to be clear about this.

I just found out in my router that the chromecasts get a IPv6 address but the controller does not. Is it really an IPv4 device only? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide

@Phettsack : Yes, comms is via WiFi to Stadia, Bluetooth is only used during the setup procedure to allow the WiFi details to be applied.  I've not checked to see what is happening with v6 addresses, I'm still in the dark ages and my ISP is still throwing that bunch of balls up in the air and trying to decide which if any it wants to catch.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Phettsack
Community Member

Yesterday evening I played Farming Simulator and had no problem at all. I'll keep an eye on it.

@Mad_Dog_Bravo You have an idea how the controller is sending the movements? TCP or UDP?

I guess its UDP because it makes no sense to resend a package.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide

@Phettsack : I haven't run a packet capture to examine which protocol is being used, although the guidance is that TCP/UDP ports 44700 to 44899 are used, but as you have already alluded to, it is very unlikely that TCP is being used and UDP would make more sense for the controller, but that is purely speculation on my side and I have no concrete evidence to back that assumption.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Phettsack
Community Member

Yesterday I played again and had no problems at all. So this will remain a mystery I think.

0 Kudos