cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

My controller is frequently disconnecting

Jump to solution

So my Chrome cast is Connected to my Wifi Network via a Ethernet Cabel, but every minut, my controller is disconneting. My brother doesn’t have The same problem, so I don’t think it is wrong with my WiFi. The controller works fine with a cable connected to the computer. What do I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Yes. The problem was with my mesh-Wifi. We had to Factory reset our routers because of a “virus” that restarted The connecting. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
4 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@SimonBoeriis Have you tried factory resetting the controller to see if a fresh start might help?

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9584135

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yes. The problem was with my mesh-Wifi. We had to Factory reset our routers because of a “virus” that restarted The connecting. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

As you mentioned your router is working fine. So I suggest you to update the Driver 

• Go to Your computer and Press the Windows Key + R Together on the keyboard.
  • Type ncpa.cpl and press Ok Or You can Go Manually Go to Control Panel >Network And Internet>Network & Sharing Center >change adapter Settings>Select Your Current WiFi Network Adapter
  • Right Click on it and Go to the Properties then Under the WiFi adapter Settings Please Click on configure
  • Go to the Driver and Hit on Update Driver and you may see a new Box with 2 Options.
  • Click on Search Automatically for updated Driver Software and Get an auto-update.
  • You can also manually install the driver if you want to use the 2nd option. for that, you may need to download the wireless driver from the official laptop manufacturer website and then upload it using the second option.

Source:- WiFi Keeps Disconnecting 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for this info. I'm going to try it today. My controller is really ruining my Stadia experience. 

0 Kudos