cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Mapping button profiles

@GraceFromGoogle @ChrisFromGoogle 

I am tired to see Bethesda still not offering free button selection on the controller. This is ruining my experience on the controller on both Rage 2 and Wolfenstein youngblood, I'm forced to play them on mouse/kb which means no ccu or other device than computer...

How about Stadia lets us create profiles with free button selection on the controller ?

Please make this a priority, this is really important for many players.

3 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I can see how it would be handy to be able to change the controller button profile globally rather than only within individual games. Please be sure to use the Send feedback option inside the Stadia app to submit your suggestion; that's the best way to make sure it gets seen by the developers.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks man, I just sent the suggestion in app. I hope they'll do it.

I have an issue on the right hand and it is painful for me to shoot with the R2 button in FPS games. I like to use the L2 button for this, and I can use R2 for something else which is less intense (like throwing grenades or something). I liked that Destiny or Borderlands let me remap the buttons how I needed them to be, but the bethesda games have very few premade profiles to choose and none do what I want (the left handed are putting the walk in direction on the right stick wtf ?).

I am sure that if Stadia would let create profiles with free buttons mapping to use in every games that would solve the issue and that would be convenient for many people actually.

I'm even wondering if I should buy Doom Eternal. This is sad because I really want to play it but I feel like it will be ruined by painful controls.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'd like to update this today as someone actually released an extension called ControlStadia which allow button mapping as well as different controllers such as driving wheels.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/fhgyt3/controlstadia_a_chrome_extension_to_enable/

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I saw that last night. Have you tried it out yet? I'd love to get a wheel for GRID.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I did not try a wheel but it should be wortking (according to the youtube video in the reddit post).

However I tried the extension on the controller. I had difficulties to set up the axis correctly but it did after a few try. Other than that it works great and it let me remap the buttons as I wished! I tested wolfenstein youngblood and it works perfectly.

The author said it would add some input lag, but I played finely. You can also turn in and off the extension easily and find your setup back.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

How did you manage to map the axis ? doesn't seems to work for me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yeah I had issues as well, the axis wasn't in the correct direction (like north was in the north west location of the axis for me for example).

Try and retry to hit the different corners it will work at some point. Once done you can save and never go back to it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Seems like a decent idea. Hopefully we can get it some day! 👍 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos