cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Woodsy
Community Member

L2 button gets stuck on aim down site.

Hi. My Stadia controller gets stuck on aim down site when i press the L2 button then i have to put my finger under the the L2 button and push it up to lower my aim but as soon as i press the button again the same thing happens do what should i i  about it ? Do i send it back or is it a software issue. Also there is a bit of play (wobble) with the L2 button but none on the R2 button.

1 Kudo
8 Replies
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Woodsy If the trigger is getting physically stuck then I think it's probably a hardware defect rather than something related to software. I'd suggest reaching out to Stadia Support to find out the best way to get that replaced:

https://support.google.com/stadia/contactflow

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GustavoLP
Community Member

I have the same problem with my, what can we do ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Woodsy
Community Member

So I bought a new Stadia controller for my bedroom and bingo I don't get any problems from that controller, if I put them next to each other I can see a big gap on the L2 button compared to the L2 button on my new one which has no gap do should I send it back ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Woodsy yeah I'd probably reach out to support to see about getting the problematic controller swapped out. Definitely sounds like a QC issue to me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Woodsy
Community Member

Yah I did they said send back the whole founder's edition and you have to pay another £119 pounds and have nothing to play on, then if they find nothing wrong they keep the money or if they find a fault they put the £119 back into your account within 5 days and send new kit out, well as you can imagine I was furious at this cos I've just paid the founders edition money and don't have it in my account so I told them don't bother I will just save and buy a new one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GreFan
Community Member

Bumping this thread as I'm having the same issue, and I've heard from others that their L2 is stuttering or gets stuck. Mine started it after 2 weeks, and my aim gets triggered constantly when playing D2. I indeed see a bigger gap between the buttons on the left compared to the right, so I'm guessing it's a hardware defect. I talked with support. They said I can choose between returning the whole bundle and getting a new one or getting a discount on ordering a new bundle. I'm waiting for a call from a senior support manager to confirm the details, but I hope this hiccup will not take several weeks, and I'll get my new bundle in the next few days after returning my old one...

Edit: We tested it on laptop and interestingly the button didn't exhibit the issue there. We just ordered a new controller (wanted to anyway) to test the CCU with it, and we'll see what's causing the issue. It looks like it wasn't the L2 button after all, but we'll continue to test it on laptop to see if it comes up again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
keimado
Community Member

Hi,

Mine also gets stuck, in D2 while aiming, the funny thing is that in the menu it doesn't do it when pressing L2 for Gear Stats, that suggests it's not a hardware problem, I will try with Samurai Shodown and see.

Regards

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
keimado
Community Member

It happens in other games too, although the behaviour is slightly different. I'm contacting customer service.

0 Kudos