cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wybe
Community Member

Failure controller

Jump to solution
During my gameplay of rdr2 it seems that the controller was stuck to moving forward, no other button worked. Then a message showed up that the controller was no longer connected. And I should reconnect the controller. I tried but I cannot reconnect the controller. I shut down my Chromecast ultra but the controller remains unusable. The white led behind the stadia logo is still on (not blinking). I cannot turn it of, can I? What should I do? Tried connecting it by cable to my phone, also no succes. LED is still on.. not blinking but white.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Wybe a few things you might try:

1. Press and hold the controller's Stadia button for 4 seconds to turn it off. Then press the button for 1 second to turn it back and and see if it will automatically reconnect.
  2. If that doesn't work, press and hold the controllers Stadia button for 8 seconds to perform a power-off reset. Again, press the button for 1 second to turn it back on and see if it works again.
  3. If all else fails, factory reset the controller as described here.

Let us know how it goes!

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Wybe a few things you might try:

1. Press and hold the controller's Stadia button for 4 seconds to turn it off. Then press the button for 1 second to turn it back and and see if it will automatically reconnect.
  2. If that doesn't work, press and hold the controllers Stadia button for 8 seconds to perform a power-off reset. Again, press the button for 1 second to turn it back on and see if it works again.
  3. If all else fails, factory reset the controller as described here.

Let us know how it goes!

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Wybe
Community Member
Option 1 didn't work. Gladly option 2 worked, 8sec and it turned off. Wybe
1 Kudo
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Nice! Glad to hear you're back in the game.

0 Kudos