cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Crackling audio when Stadia controller is on WiFi.

I'm experiencing very crackly audio (hard to hear what is happening) when using headphones and only when the controller is on WiFi (sound from the Chromecast is fine and sound from the 3.5mm jack on the headphones is fine when the controller is connected to my phone by USB C).

I have tried on two different internet connections, one of them with ridiculously good WiFi that nobody else was using and insanely low latency (with plenty of bandwidth) and another less good, and with two sets of headphones.

I have reported it via feedback, but not got any sort of reply or acknowledgement.

23 Kudos
55 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Update 05/01/20 - tried different scenarios in a frieds environment - same here, althought hi didn't even realized it. Unfortunately controller resetting worked reproducable for one day only. Yesterday - sound was brilliant w/o any changes on my side. Today - just tried for this post, crackling is back. So meanwhile I think, that it is rather a server-session then a client- or hardware-configuration issue.

As I urged support to get their job done, they told me, quote: "officially known issue as of 26th April 2020 to be solved by future update". At least something after all...

By the way - controller has usb-c connector an build in bluetooth "to be activated later on" according to google store. May be that will allow wireless headsets faster then they get this 3,5mm-jack issue solved. Time will tell...

@Endgegner too many parameters in my opinion - FttH 200 MBit Fritzbox 7490, dual band mesh-wlan with band steering activ, Chromecast 1 GHz LAN-wired playing on TV,  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Come on Google let's get this fixed.......

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Same here. Please fix. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Same here, audio crackling a lot using the jack.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

So tired of this. Even tryed 5ghz to 2.4ghz. Beats headset, bose headphones and 2other gaming headsets...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have this problem too, its very distracting and borderline unplayable, it makes the game feel like its lagging and skipping even though visually it isn't.

0 Kudos