cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Controller stops working in Destiny

Hi, Weird bug here where the controller stops responding in destiny. I can still hit the stadia button to see the stadia menu, and I can navigate that fine, but in game nothing responds. This happens frequently, and if I’m in the middle of turning the camera, when it disconnects it will continue the previous input as if I’m still performing it. Any help with this?
8 Kudos
39 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

@LovecraftTapes  I'm only having the 5Ghz band turned on. I have completely switched off the 2.4Ghz radio in my router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

This is still happening.  Usually it'll reconnect but this time for me it would not reconnect to the Destiny game and then after three kills in my Crucible match it booted me.  It seems to be getting worse and I've given feedback multiple times to Stadia but I've had no feedback or reply from Google.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Livingston66 Can you share details about your network setup? Also, just to add a bit more detail... I was using an wireless Xbox controller on my PC (playing Stadia via Chrome browser) a few days ago and it disconnected suddenly. This was the first time I ever had that happen. It behaved the same way as the Stadia controller has via CCU, as if it had lost the signal...but the Xbox controller doesn't connect to wifi, it connects via dongle to the PC. So that complicates things. I can't point to the Stadia controller as the sole cause, and I can't point to wifi necessarily (though my PC is connected via wired Google Wifi puck which is connected wirelessly to the Google Wifi router), and I can't even point to Destiny (the disconnect has occurred in other games). Frustrating!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I’m running into this when playing Destiny 2 as well... Glad it isn’t just me! My router is Google Wifi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

More than a few times lately. Ive had my controller inputs start going super wonky (like locking into aim down sights on destiny2) that only corrects itself if i unplug the controller then plug it back into my chromebook.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Quick poll: Does the issue only affect Founders edition controllers?

I ask because I recently purchased a second controller (wasabi) and so far it has yet to experience the disconnect issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I just had this issue twice with the Premiere edition controller in destiny. I waited awhile, but the controls didn't start working again in game. I hadn't had this issue before.

I think my router is dual band.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

A couple updates:

Per stadia support, I disabled all of my Google Wifi pucks except the main router one. The thinking here was the Stadia controller was trying to switch between the pucks, depending on which signal was stronger at any given time. No go...even with just one router puck active, the Stadia controller lost signal for 15 seconds then reconnected while playing Trials Rising. So much for that experiment!

The disconnect also occurred with my second controller (purchased later than my Founders edition controller), so it's not just one type of controller.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

It's April and I'm still having this issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yeah, I've had this issue through two different model of routers and through all games I've played consistently. When it happens I press the Stadia button (because that works) and shut everything down. Then start it up and it works.

My theory is that there's a port conflict. Since Stadia overlay menus work but the game isn't responsive it's like the game server uses the same port as the controller causing the controller to loose input to the actual game.

0 Kudos