cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cereal
Community Member

Controller stops working in Destiny

Hi, Weird bug here where the controller stops responding in destiny. I can still hit the stadia button to see the stadia menu, and I can navigate that fine, but in game nothing responds. This happens frequently, and if I’m in the middle of turning the camera, when it disconnects it will continue the previous input as if I’m still performing it. Any help with this?
4 Kudos
Highlighted
yef
Community Member

The support advised me to move the controller to the 2.4ghz WiFi band in order to remove a distance cause but I am not confident since the WiFi box is not far from the controller less than 8 meters. Let’s test it!

By the way the support was not aware of such issue so the others that have the same problem, please contact Google! Thanks.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
yef
Community Member

In the mean time I noticed that my nvidia shield is broadcasting direct WiFi at the same band as my router so I switched off the shield, more testing to come! I’ll keep you updated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
yef
Community Member

Unfortunately the issue is still present :(. Let's get back to 2.4 Ghz.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
yef
Community Member

So far so good, it's still working but weird that on the same place the 5ghz does not work.

EDIT: There is no wall or a far distance between the wifi router and the controller

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DramaLlama
Community Member

I've since had the issue go away. I have a dual band router that puts out two networks, rather than automatically switching between the two. Everything, including the controllers, were on the 5GHz network. I factory reset my controller and connected it to the 2.4GHz network. I've not had any problems since.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
yef
Community Member

And you still have the 5Ghz active?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DramaLlama
Community Member

@yef Yes. Everything else, including the Chromecast, is on the 5GHz network. Just the controller is on the 2.4GHz
0 Kudos
Highlighted
cereal
Community Member

The wifi band doesn’t make a lot of sense since it still works in the menus.

I don’t actually have the option to switch. My router broadcasts both bands as the same name. To change that I’d have to reconnect every single wifi device in the house which is unreasonable

0 Kudos
Highlighted
yef
Community Member

I agree it does not make sense, why not just rename the 2.4 Ghz and all others wifi clients stay at 5Ghz with the current SSID name?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LovecraftTapes
Community Member

Same issue with my controller during the last 3 sessions in Destiny 2, two days apart. The reticle will suddenly drift and controller is unresponsive. After 15-30 seconds it reconnects automatically and I can continue. This happened on two different Chromecast Ultras, one wireless and one wired. Controller was fully charged. It did not disconnect again during the same sessions.
0 Kudos