cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cereal
Community Member

Controller stops working in Destiny

Hi, Weird bug here where the controller stops responding in destiny. I can still hit the stadia button to see the stadia menu, and I can navigate that fine, but in game nothing responds. This happens frequently, and if I’m in the middle of turning the camera, when it disconnects it will continue the previous input as if I’m still performing it. Any help with this?
3 Kudos
32 Replies
Highlighted
Nolive
Community Member

Same here only on metro really weird

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DramaLlama
Community Member

I've had a similar problem in Grid. It thinks the controller is disconnected and pauses the game, but the controller is still marked as linked in the Stadia menu, the Stadia button and menu works, and the light is solid white
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nolive
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle  can you raise that to your support team please it seems to have been encountered by multiple users. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DramaLlama
Community Member

I've had more chance to play today and can reproduce this 100% of the time. 

The controller has been successfully linked with the Chromecast. However, each time I start up a game, within 30-90 seconds, the game reports that the controller is disconnected. However, I can still access the Stadia overlay with the controller. To fix it, I have to shut down and relink the controller reach time I start up a game

2 Kudos
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Please be sure to also report this through the Send feedback option in the Stadia app so that the developers can review logs to look into this problem. 👍

1 Kudo
Highlighted
yef
Community Member

Same issue here, any news? My WiFi signal is good and chromecast is wired connected. Home is fiber connected (800mb/s). How can I connect  Stadia support, I think the controller is the issue since some people don’t have the issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DramaLlama
Community Member

I've reported via the Send Feedback tool, but it seems to have got worse in some cases. On some occasions the game stopped detecting the controller 2 or 3 times within the first few minutes of a game. As ever, I could still access the Stadia menu
0 Kudos
Highlighted
yef
Community Member

I did reset the controller let’s see it this happens again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
yef
Community Member

The issue is still there, I will contact the support. This annoys me a lot, cannot play an online game if you have to quit stadia each time the bug appears!

0 Kudos