cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Controller on Android / Wifi Password annoyance issue?

Curious why I have to enter the wifi password everytime my nephew is here and turns on his tablet to play around?

Is there not a way it can store the connection? I'm doing this. 4-5 times every day...

Regards, Dr. Centz
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @CackleTV,

normally this should not happen. As soon as you've done this setup once it should remember the connection.

It might be though, because it's connected with the Stadia App on the tablet of your nephew, that your Location access, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth are turned off before connecting the controller. If that's the case, you need to do the setup again. This is also explained in this article

So I would suggest to try to turn these 3 things on before starting the controller and this might solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I will ask him if he is turning off the wifi on his tablet, but I don't think so, The wifi service itself is never turned off.
For the record its a Samsung Tab 2.0 tablet, when he goes home he has to have his parents enter the wifi pass there as well to connect the controller...

Regards, Dr. Centz
0 Kudos
Community Member

I did an firmware upgrade on the tablet, I think it had to do with the issue but I didnt have time to play around and test. I will know tomorrow if all is okay and report back... Error correction: Tablet was a Samsung Tab A 

Regards, Dr. Centz
0 Kudos
Community Member

After the update, it appeared to fix the issue, however since then the problem has returned and is better but still annoying and a issue.

Regards, Dr. Centz
0 Kudos