cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Controller not available in game

Controller not available in game

Hi, My Stadia Controller is not available At the game. I can navigate an start a game in the chromecast but then i cant press A in Destiny 2 for example. On my PC and with a USB-C Cable everything is fine. Do you have any ideas.

1 Kudo
20 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey everybody, i had the same issue with my controller not being picked up by Stadia games. The Stadia Menus worked fine but the games didn't. So i called Google Support and they told me to make sure to:

• have all the devices on one Wifi (which i had)
  • turn off my router, CCU and the Stadia Controller and turn them back on in this order: 
    • Turn on the Wifi and wait for 3 Minutes
    • Turn on the CCU - Start a Stream via App
    • Now with the game running on CCU connect the controller again.

Everything is working fine now.

They told me its an Router issue, because playing Stadia is an always-on stream and it is always communicating with the router. So some routers have issues reconnecting properly with the device and thats why a restart helps. I hope i could help some of you searching for help. best Michael

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

No, it doesnt work on my system. But thx for the Support.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

When a solution sounds like: turn on CCU 152 seconds after router, turn your head 2 times to the left an one time to the right, clap your hand 5 times, turn on stadia controller and everything should work - it probably won't work. Did exactly as described, still not working. I bet @Mnkys problem was unrelated and could've been resolved just by the router restart alone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Interestingly this worked perfectly for me. I believe the core of the issue was restarting the router, since that also fixed some other weirdness I was seeing on my network. It seems that the Stadia load pattern creates problems with the software running on some router models.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi friends, my problem was solved by the instructions of Mnkys. I can hardly believe it myself, it works. - Router restarted - waited until WLAN was available - Stadia app opened - assigned chromecast and started game Ét voila. Unbelievable thank you dear friends. (Mynks)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I am having this exact issue. Rebooted every related device and still no CCU controller functionality in-game. Works fine on PC. I talked with stadia support on Twitter, and their many trouble shooting steps didn’t help (they were very friendly though). Ended up filling a ticket. Shouldn’t stadia support be in this thread helping to find answers ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Same problem google sucks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I’ve also been having this problem since launch. Been back and forth with their support on Twitter DM for a long time now and nothing has helped. I wonder what it’s like to play a game on Stadia? I guess I’ll never know. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm in the same boat here. Controller always seems to take forever to connect as well 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Btw. Chromecast ultra is burning hot. 

0 Kudos