About every 10 to 15 minutes while in a game a message pops up asking me to link my controller, putting in my link codes does nothing. I have to turn off the controller and turn it back on and then put in the code before it will accept it. If I play with a keyboard & mouse in a chrome browser, I get kicked out frequently due to unstable connection even though I have 400 mb/s connection but I have a stable connection if I use chromecast with a controller. Either way I am unable to play Stadia without frequent interruption. Either I have a dislinking controller or a dislinking connection (but not both at the same time).
Have the same issue. Stadia support is sending me another unit. No idea why my laptop struggles with stadia on Chrome. Connection is excellent and super low ping. 12ms. Just gets super choppy no matter which game i try. While on Chromecast with controller i get full 4khdr with no issues. Except for controller randomly deciding to unlink. Can still control menu buttons but nothing in game. Says no controller is linked. Yet i can use it to navigate menus. Super weird. But it is being looked into. It will get better
yesterday (well today early morning) when I playing Grid facing this issue twice in a couple of minutes (maybe less than 10 minutes). Now after a deep research I found interesting information about this case:
What I do now? Well I set a static IP for the controller in my Router using the MAC address in case the controller get disconnected or had a microcut this will had the same local IP (example 192.168.254.324).
At moment I not test it again but I'll maybe today night and see what happen. Maybe the linking issue dont have any relation with the connectivity but at least maybe this could help to solve something.
Try connecting your Chromecast Ultra using 5GHz instead of 2.4GHz, or plug the Chromecast Ultra into wired Ethernet. This might help resolve the issue.
Please report back and let us know how it goes.
I thought i I had followed up on my previous post . My issue was linked to my ISP provided router. Had one SSID with both 2.4 and 5ghz bands. Controller was switching bands. And causing a disconnect. Since i can't change the setup of that router(due to cable setup) I purchased a second router (ASUS BlueCave AC2600) setup both bands with independent IDs connected controller to 5ghz band and haven't had an issue since. Going on 3 months or so now with zero issues. One CCU is connected via ethernet, the other is connected via 5ghz wifi and zero issues with either since the switch. Hope this helps you guys .