Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kyran
Community Member

Controller failure L2 and R2

Jump to solution

I've been looking at getting a new controller so I can keep my replacement founders controller in good condition.  I'm wondering if people are still having issues with either the L2 or R2?  My close friends and family have had 5 of 6 controllers fail.  Roughly a 83% fail rating for a controller that's been out for just over 2 months.  All the controllers were either founders or other colors that were all pre ordered before launch.  Google has replaced all of them but it's annoying to have to deal with.  Has the quality control gone up or is it still a high chance the next one will fail?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Kyran : There have been lots of reports of failed controllers, although my founders blue and a white controller both delivered the day after Stadia launch are still going strong.

I'm not aware of any announcement that the controllers have been updated in anyway, although it is a possibility that they are getting silently released?  I'd just get any that are faulty replaced, not much more to be done than that currently AFAIK.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide

@Kyran : There have been lots of reports of failed controllers, although my founders blue and a white controller both delivered the day after Stadia launch are still going strong.

I'm not aware of any announcement that the controllers have been updated in anyway, although it is a possibility that they are getting silently released?  I'd just get any that are faulty replaced, not much more to be done than that currently AFAIK.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kyran
Community Member

@Mad_Dog_Bravo thanks for the input.  I'll probably still get one, I just hope it doesn't go down right after the warranty period is over

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Stadia Guide

@Kyran : That would be a worry, but if there is a history of faults that you can show I would hope that Google would be a little flexible on the warranty, but I'll cross the bridge if I come to it. 

0 Kudos