cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Controller disconnect mid game.

Has anyone figure why the controller disconnects mid game? I have had it happen to me playing tomb raider multiple times and in destiny as well. I personally think if the controller disconnects the game should pause so you dont have to watch your character die over and over.
Tags (1)
1 Kudo
6 Replies
Community Member

How are you playing Stadia? Is it using a Chromecast Ultra connected to your TV, with the Stadia Controller connected to Wi-Fi, or is it on a computer/tablet/phone with the Stadia Controller (or another) plugged directly into the device?

If you are using the first-described setup, is the Chromecast Ultra using a wired Ethernet connection? I would expect, if both the controller and it are using Wi-Fi, for them to both have issues simultaneously, which is why I am asking.

I can only say I play in both environments, using a Stadia Controller in both, and do not have disconnection issues. The only time my controller has disconnected is when I wanted to see how long it would last before charging, and let it die on purpose.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I'm playing on tv with chromecast ultra and it is connted to internet by cable. My controller keeps coming up with the linking code. Couldn't get anything to connect/ work. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

That happens me like an hour ago in Destiny 2. Hasn’t happened before and didn’t happen again after that. I hope it was just a one time thing...

0 Kudos
Community Member

@TAFFINTOR It appenned to you multiples times? I had this append once or twice but your controller could be faulty no ? 

I collect Kudos for living.
0 Kudos
Community Member

something similar happens to me, in destiny 2 and gylt, while I suddenly play the button it seems that it was pressed, for example the camera rotation joystick, it is annoying because the command remains unanswered and I have to go in and out, my Chromecast is connected by ethernet cable, I tried to resynchronize the remote but nothing
0 Kudos
Community Member

This still happens to me I got to watch as someone in pubg shot me in the back.  Not cool!

0 Kudos