@Bahlor Just to make sure it's not a Chromecast connection issue, have you tried using the controller while playing Stadia on computer Chrome browser (using USB cable)? Does it work this way?
Also, I assume you have gone through the process of linking your Stadia controller to your TV? Are you using the Chromecast Ultra that came with the package?
@Ivan Hello and thanks for the response. But the controller is not reacting to any input making it impossible to link again via stadia app, the led also never gets activated when holding the stadia button. When pushing a button the controller also does not vibrate, as before when I wanted to link it to my ccu. Also tested the controller connected via usb. Not working and not recognized under "controllers" in the stadia ui. Also not listed in the list of connected usb devices in "system information".
@Xinstorm Nope, it’s a brick. I only used the Controller twice. One time at home and one time I tried it at the office. Only transported it in its box, did. never fall down or anything, was barely touched. And yesterday when i wanted to try it again on my new tv, dead...no reaction anymore. Thought it was just the battery, but charging didn’t help and the led was also not active when charging. Tried a lot, nothing helped. Seems dead. This and the really hot CCU when using 4K leaves me very worried, I’m really frustrated and considering sending everything back
@Ivan any update on this? Because right now there is no reason to keep my stuff I payed 130 eur for, because I could do the same using a buddy pass from someone. My ccu and Controller are just paperweight which is a shame.
@Bahlor If you think the controller is bricked, I think the best thing to do is to contact support and see if you can get a replacement
Go to the link below:
On top right, click on 'Contact Us' > then request chat/callback to speak to a representative. Try it from a computer browser if the option is not shown on mobile
So someone at Google shared this info with me. My controller is working now!
Procedure to reset:
1) Charge controller for at least 30 minutes by plugging it into the charger that came with the bundle. (Sounds like you've already done that.)
2) Unplug controller from everything (USB, headset)
3) Press and hold the Stadia button for more than 8 seconds, I usually count to ~12 to be on the safe side. Don't let go of the button until the time is up, no matter what the controller does.
5) Let go of the Stadia button
5) Press the Stadia button for >1 sec. to power it on.
6) If the controller turns on - yay! Game on 🙂
7) If the controller doesn't turn on - try the same procedure from step 2 again once or twice. If still not successful, continue working with customer service for a replacement device.