cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Controller connection to app and chrome not working anymore

Jump to solution

Hi, Im relatively new to the whole stadia thingy but until now everything worked quite good. But just since today the stadia controller keeps kind of disconnecting to started games. 

Im saying "kind of" since its actually connected since I can do screenshot and call the stadia menu when clicking the middle button. But inputs are completly ignored. 

When I deactivate the controller again (holding stadia button until light turns off) and activate again and type in code again then it works for a couple of seconds and then its gone again. 

That happens for app and chrome (not able right now to test with chromecast though)

In the mean time I tried to reconnect with middle button and "y" and reset with holding assistant button and screen shot but result is still the same. 

At network nothing changed so what am I doing wrong? Or is it known?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

With the help of support its working again. Dont know what the problem was but what I did in the end was:

  1. Factory reset chromcast and setup again
  2. Clear all data from (Stadia) App, Deinstall, Restart mobile and install App again
  3. Factory reset controller and connect to app
  4. Connect app to chromecast
  5. Connect controller to chromecast

After all those steps controller worked again as intended

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

So now even Chromecast quit working (kind of). Even more strange, took my controller and stick to my neighbor and there it worked 😞

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

With the help of support its working again. Dont know what the problem was but what I did in the end was:

  1. Factory reset chromcast and setup again
  2. Clear all data from (Stadia) App, Deinstall, Restart mobile and install App again
  3. Factory reset controller and connect to app
  4. Connect app to chromecast
  5. Connect controller to chromecast

After all those steps controller worked again as intended

View solution in original post

0 Kudos