cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Controller can't connect to Wi-Fi

Jump to solution
Anyone else having problems connecting your Stadia controller to Wi-Fi? The Stadia App will recognize my Controller, so when tryining to connect to Wi-Fi my Controller will vibrate. I confirm and then I will try to connect to my Wi-Fi, enter the password, but it won't connect. I already tried to - restart my phone - reset the Stadia Controller - restart my router - reset to router - reinstall the Stadia App I am running out of ideas what else to try. I didn't have any issues setting up the Chromecast.
7 Kudos
28 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi. do you have any ideas about to fix this? i am not able to connect also. i have a Asus RP AC66U as AP to my Asus DSL-AC 87VG Router. my encryption is WPA2 AES. i can connect to my Network. but i cant Connect to the Goole service. and after a couple of minutes i lose the connection and cant connect again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member
Same problem for me.. Chromecast connected using the same password but it will not connect to the controller. I am positive the password is the same but it will not connect
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Is no Support member in here? Seems that the Controller - connection Problem is a big Thing... 2 days ago i was able to call a Support on Phone. They dont know what to do. So... I cant connect to Google Service ore Chrome Cast. And knowbody can help. No answer from Support... Google, that s*ck's

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Good morning, already someone has found a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey,

I think I've found a solution. My smartphone is a Honor 10 (Huawei). I recognized that the chromecast configuration was a little bit slow after I've tried several WiFi configurations ... I grabbed my wife's Iphone (SE) and configured Chromecast with Google Home App and it worked much faster... So I've installed Stadia and tried to connect the controller with my WiFi -> It worked. 🤣 

Nothing has changed only the smartphone manufacturer! o.0 

I hope it's not a coincidence so please test it because it's a working solution for me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member
I can connect to the router at 2G but it refuses to find the 5G on the same router yet all phones and tablets can connect to both frequencies?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member
Same here... I tried: - resetting everything concerning wifi - 3 routers all 2.4 and 5 ghz - every wifi security setting apart from wpa enterprise - two different phones (iphone 11 and 7) What a pitty, I was so happy to see Stadia has arrived today so that I can play on TV. Hope this is a high priority problem at googles tech support!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

On further research i found out, that my stadia controller indeed connects to wifi but it gets an ip adress outside my configuration (192.168.0.xx <- controller VS. 192.168.178.xx <- my network). After changing my ip adress range accordingly the controller connected to wifi. Now I was able to connect to my wifi but had no internet connection according to the controller. Enabling the "device can enable forwarded ports itself" (<- sorry non native speaker here) I was able to connect the controller to the internet but not google services.

The last step was to enable port forwarding tcp from 44700 to 44899 and udp 44700 to 44899.

I am now able to play!

I hope this is a workaround for some of you. I know changing your home network ip range is not really a comfortable thing, especially with complex DCHP exception and static ips. But I was not able to give my controller the correct range.

best regards and sorry for my broken English.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have the same problem. Controller would not connect to WiFi on Cisco Access Points protected with WPA2/WPA3. I have dozens of enterprise, consumer and IoT devices, including Google and Nest products that connect to Cisco APs just fine.
Controller does connect to an OpenWRT AP with WPA3 and same password, so there is definitely some kind of a bug with controller firmware.

Is there a way to enable WiFi association/authentication logs on controller? The controller must be running a buggy WPA Supplicant or buggy 802.11 driver.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Just a follow up, in case someone missed my response in the other thread. I got Stadia Controller to connect to my SSID by disabling 802.11v on SSID - evidently Stadia Controller has some kind of compatibility issues with this standard.

0 Kudos