cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Controller Compatibility

Jump to solution

At the moment I don't really want to use the Stadia Service and only want the package for Chromecast Ultra and a new Controller for normal Games on Windows.

Her the questions:

• Possible to connect normal via USB cable to Windows?
  • Will Windows manage the controller like a standard xinput/xbox controller? (No problems in games)
  • Will the audio jack be working like a normal sound device?
  • Possible to let the controller plugged and switch fast to chromecast (wifi)?

I don't found a smart/actually answer.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member
1. Yes, it's detected on Steam but I haven't played any games as I don't have any that support gamepad, but it does show on the Steam app. 2. It's simply detected as a compliant HID controller so it will work in the same way other controllers do. 3. Yes, if the controller is plugged with USB and you connect the jack Windows will show the audio device and play whatever your PC plays. 4. I don't understand what you mean with this, sorry.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Member
1. Yes, it's detected on Steam but I haven't played any games as I don't have any that support gamepad, but it does show on the Steam app. 2. It's simply detected as a compliant HID controller so it will work in the same way other controllers do. 3. Yes, if the controller is plugged with USB and you connect the jack Windows will show the audio device and play whatever your PC plays. 4. I don't understand what you mean with this, sorry.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
Community Member
Well, the Google Stadia Controller is not being detected as a valid HID mouse for me. That may be why it's not working in Google Chrome: https://community.stadia.com/t5/The-Stadia-Controller/Cannot-play-with-Google-Stadia-Controller-on-G...
0 Kudos
Community Member

In my experience, while it is detected as a controller by Windows, it doesn't actually subsequently work in any games I've tried. (It does, however, work just fine on Linux.)

0 Kudos