cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Chat only headset

Jump to solution
I have a nice surround sound systems and want to use that for game audio. I have a Turtle Beach chat headset I use with my Xbox. On the Xbox when I plug it in there is an option to only hear chat audio through the headset and play game audio through my speakers. But on the Chromecast, when I plug it into the Stadia controller, it shuts off the game audio from my surround sound and plays it all through the headset. Is there anyway to get it to play through my speakers? Do I need a different headset or is this option unavailable?
10 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Just bought a mono headset for chat and can't believe there is no option for chat only. Seriously Google sort it out don't ya think???

Did you find a work around?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

The only workaround I found is if you play with the same guys and don’t intend to chat with randoms.  Me and my friends started a Discord server and just use discord chat.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Is this on the roadmap to be fixed? I want to play games with my friends but I do so I sacrifice my 5.1 setup to a crappy headset. Why on earth can you not split the the voice channel? This is a basis feature of every other gaming platform.

0 Kudos