cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SVShooter
Community Member

Chat only headset

Jump to solution
I have a nice surround sound systems and want to use that for game audio. I have a Turtle Beach chat headset I use with my Xbox. On the Xbox when I plug it in there is an option to only hear chat audio through the headset and play game audio through my speakers. But on the Chromecast, when I plug it into the Stadia controller, it shuts off the game audio from my surround sound and plays it all through the headset. Is there anyway to get it to play through my speakers? Do I need a different headset or is this option unavailable?
8 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@SVShooter As far as I can tell that doesn't currently appear to be an option.

I think it's a great idea though - please be sure to use the Send feedback option on the bottom of the Explore tab in the Stadia app on your phone to suggest it!

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@SVShooter As far as I can tell that doesn't currently appear to be an option.

I think it's a great idea though - please be sure to use the Send feedback option on the bottom of the Explore tab in the Stadia app on your phone to suggest it!

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
Highlighted
SVShooter
Community Member
Thanks, I will. BTW, this is something the Xbox has had for 10 years now. When you plug in a headset, the game audio continues to play through the speakers. If you don't want it you just turn down the volume. But the controls, much like the Stadia allow you to turn the Game audio all the way down in the headset. It's like Google goofed when they implemented it. All they need to do is leave the audio going to the speakers as well and just let me worry about turning them down.. I have a lot of speakers around, I would prefer to use those.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Tyger
Community Member
It's good that you pointed that out. I'd want this feature as well since the PS4 has had this forever. These are simple things that make the quality of life on this system more enjoyable and usable.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Tyger
Community Member

It's good that you pointed that out. I'd want this feature as well since the PS4 has had this forever. These are simple things that make the quality of life on this system more enjoyable and usable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mst4r
Community Member
+1 il manque l'option pour ne garder que le micro et pas le son du jeu dans le casque
0 Kudos
Highlighted
VenomUK
Community Member
I came here to post the same thing! I have a chat headset (1 earphone only) and when I plugged it in to play Destiny it diverts all sound into it. Mono sound through 1 headset is not great so I switched back to sound through TV but then wasn't able to talk to other players, if I had wanted to. This is a pretty core feature.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Steshen
Community Member
Idem in my case, playing Destiny with only the chat in the headset is a must have.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
crabb
Community Member

Wow. This seems to be an oversight. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SVShooter
Community Member

Me and the whole group I play with have given up.  We have created a discord channel and now use our phones with a bluetooth headset for the team chat while we let the game audio play through our TV or computers.   It works well.  Not ideal but well.  

I'm hoping when Google eventually fixes bluetooth in the controller this becomes a feature.

0 Kudos