cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

2 Chromecast Ultra’s

I’m about to own 2 Chromecast ultra‘s, one came with my Stadia and the other that was store-bought. Can I use one stadia controller to switch between my two Chromecast ultra‘s or will I need one stadia controller for each Chromecast ultra?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

@Jordan1 You can use one controller to swap between Chromecasts but you'll need to follow these steps each time:

1. Press and hold the Stadia button on your controller until the light blinks white and you feel the controller vibrate.
  2. Enter the linking code on the TV screen.
  3. If you’re playing on the same network as a Chromecast that your controller has recently been linked to, you might want to unlink your controller from that Chromecast. To do so, power on your controller by holding the Stadia button Stadia icon for 3 seconds.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

There has to be a better solution?  Stadias's whole thing is move from one screen to another with ease, this is far from that.  I'm going to buy another chromecast ultra for the same purpose.  Currently if i hit the stadia button on my controller it wakes up the chromecast ultra, so now both TV's will turn on or just the last one i played from?  They need to figure this out asap.

0 Kudos