cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
honibunni
Community Member

Will messaging be coming to the app?

Really enjoying my experience with Stadia, nicely done team! Will you be adding messaging in the future? Any rough ETA?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
BlastHardcheese
Community Member

Joke answer: They recently added messaging to Google Photos, so of course it will come to Stadia.

Real answer: I think it's inevitable that chatting/messaging will come to Stadia. Except for on the Nintendo Switch, messaging is a standard feature across all gaming platforms.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chufu Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I would say "never say never", but Google hasn't even announced plans on this feature, so it might not yet be on their list for Stadia. Therefore I would recommend to leave feedback in the app or on stadia.google.com, so your idea can get some attention from the developers.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
SilverbackGC
Community Member

It badly needs it. I'm a Veteran of Destiny on the Xbox and playing with new players on Stadia is so difficult if they don't have a mic. I work shifts so can't always talk on a mic myself for fear of waking my family up so being able to drop someone a message explaining how to do something they may not already know about is invaluable. I also fear that new players may get put off because they can't ask for help if they don't have a mic.
2 Kudos
Highlighted
CackleTV
Community Member

hope so, +1 for simple messaging

Regards, CackleTV - StadiaClan.com
1 Kudo