cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

The Stadia App Runs of Surface Pro X

If you go to Stadia.com in the Chrome browser, then click on the settings dropdown menu at the top right of the browser, you will see "Open in Stadia." Clicking on that will open the Stadia app, and it works.

However, playing in Chrome is much smoother than playing in the app. The app speeds up and slows down a lot. I hope that the performance in the app can be improved to match the performance in the Chrome browser.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Actually Stadia works on my surface pro x both on chrome and edge, but with strong color artefacts in rendering...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Hyawatta 

Thanks for the suggestion! I think will be helpful for other player 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have the same issue, a lot of crazy color artefacts on my Surface Pro X. Nothing helped me so far. I tried different Browsers (Edge, Chrome), the apps and incognito mode. I also tried to turn off the HDR mode but nothing lead me to an nice graphic representation.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Any ideas how to fix the artefacts issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hello, take a look here https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-on-Chrome/Heavy-color-compression-artifacts-on-Surface-Pro-X-...

You can workaround this disabling hardware decoding in chrome://flags #disable-accelerated-video-decode or forcing h264 (see stadia+ extension)

Still a fix would be great...

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks,that is working. 

0 Kudos