I got a very annoying issue : since today my Stadia app is crashing on every launch of the app (3 out of 4 try almost).
I did a reboot my phone, uninstalled/reinstalled, did a clear cache & data but nothing it is still crashing.
It says "Stadia keeps crashing" : 3 choices are offered to me : close, info, report.
Some help would be appreciated. Google Chat Support told me they could not help me and invited me to send a report through the app crash message. Which I did. It occurs since my last buy (nba2k), not stadia app update, no phone specific update
My phone is up to date with Android 10 (Oxygen OS 10.3.1) model : OnePlus 6.
Here is a pic of the message (in French sorry) :
Hello all. This, too happened to me.
I contacted google and they went the extra mile to help!
Here are the steps they gave me to fixing the issue:
1. On chrome (or any chromium based browser), go to chrome://flags
2. locate "Hardware-accelerated video encode" and disable it.
3. locate "override software rendering list" and turn that on.
4. If your device requires an update, do so.
5. Update your device and/or restart.
This issue happened to me on Windows 10.