cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Stadia aspect ratio

Hello everyone , I couldn't really find much infos elsewhere so I will just ask here .

Will there be an update in the future to stadia services to match the aspect ration of each display we use .

I found for quite sad to have a note 10 plus and barely using the screen to it's potential.

Would be really great to finally be able to have real full screen for some games that require a good vision cone.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @Monsieurmagic 

that's quite difficult. Games are made for ""normal" TV resolutions. What would you like, that the game ui is "zoomed" in to match your device?

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Community Member

I think considering stadia is more of a pc than a console, it could simply change the display ration , for  now it's locked on a 16:9 ration Wich match most screens these days but doesn't match any phone or tablet ration.

Having the ability to change the ration ourselves should be an option available, it's not hard to do and have no impact on the ressources required for the streaming or the performances of the servers .

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Tobonaut is completely wrong. Many of the games on Stadia are already built to adapt to different ratios if you run them natively. Unfortunately Stadia only streams in 16:9, but this is something that should be changed given the wide range of ratios today. Submit feedback in the Stadia app to tell them about it.

0 Kudos
Community Member

i hope it supportts 3:2 ratios would be soo cool!!!!!

0 Kudos