cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Stadia Gameplay on iPhone

Jump to solution

When will everyone be able to play Stadia on iPhone?

1 Kudo
1 Solution
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @rustyred7564 

unfortunately, there is no public roadmap related to a rollout Stadia to new devices and operating systems. You might want to follow the Stadia team on Twitter to stay up to date. (https://twitter.com/googlestadia).

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Member

Yes - this is the single biggest thing holding back Stadia right now.   More than half of my friends of iPhones instead of Android devices and Stadia needs to support BOTH!  Especially now that iOS officially allows XBox, PS4 and Nintendo Switch Bluetooth controllers I could get a LOT of people on the Stadia platform if they could play it on their iPhone and iPad (which all of them own) and maybe the Apple TV (which about 1/4 of them own).

This is the one area where it's really too bad that Google owns Stadia, because it seems like there's a bias in Stadia against supporting iOS since that would somehow compete with Android.   There's all kinds of finger pointing at Apple saying they won't allow it, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Moonlight and Steam Remote Play.

But in the end, there's a really simple solution to the problem.  Instead of the controller being hooked up to the device at all, let the controller talk directly to Google via WiFi, and then stream the resulting feed through the YouTube app, just like any other live feed.   Apple would have a really hard time blocking something like that, since there would be no store integrated into a native app, it would just be like viewing a remote TV broadcast.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @rustyred7564 

unfortunately, there is no public roadmap related to a rollout Stadia to new devices and operating systems. You might want to follow the Stadia team on Twitter to stay up to date. (https://twitter.com/googlestadia).

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
Community Member

Stadia was my only hope to get back into gaming while being a dad. Only to find out I only own apple products XD

stadia pleaaaasssere find a workaround for mobile

Fellow dads, we can game again! #StadiaOnMobile
5 Kudos