cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
purple1976
Community Member

Phone App & Chromecast

For a few minutes in my Android App appeared the possibility of using the App to stream content via Chromecast. I ran at home to see if it worked and restarted the application the feature was gone. I don't have a Chromecast ultra at home, only a simple Chromecast... Is this a new feature in beta testing , or was there someone with a Chromecast Ultra nearby the place where I was before!? It would be a very interesting feature!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
BinaryJay Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I'm not sure I understand, you've always been able to start a game on Chromecast Ultra via the phone app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
purple1976
Community Member

When I start my App on Android there is a "Desktop" icon in the center which takes me to the information screen related to "Find a way to play". I never get the "Play" icon that I see instead when I start Google Stadia from PC. While this morning for once only while I was out, the "Play" icon also appeared on my mobile phone. I was probably close to a Chromecast Ultra ... I find no other explanation for this difference.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ivan Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@purple1976 Did you remember if you're connected to any WiFi when first time you discover the icon? If you're in the same network as a Chromecast's network, then you'll be able to see the icon. That's the only reasoning I can think of right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Highlighted
purple1976
Community Member

I was connected to the WiFi of my father's house, but he has no Chromecast ... I hoped it was an attempt to test the Stadia App on other devices.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dratster
Community Member

I have read on other forums that other people have had this and can then play on their phone until the point when the app is restarted. Might be Google testing out a range of phones without releasing it in general? 

0 Kudos