cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

LTE stuttering.

Hello all. I'm happy to hop on board with Stadia and have been looking into it non stop for the last week. Heck, I even tossed out my iPhone and bought an android. I've read many good experiences from those testing the 4g LTE feature yet my experience has been fully stutter lag. Input lag seems non existent which is great. Maybe there is something I just don't know. I've sent in feedback. I'm using a samsung a21 android, playing at 720p resolution,  I get 30-45mb download speed, I'm with t-mobile. Im just seeing if there is a way to improve my experience and not suffer through what seems to feel like 5fps gameplay. Any and all help is extremely appreciated.

1 Kudo
3 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@ElysianFantasy How's that A21 do with Stadia when connected to WiFi? Does it still stutter or is it pretty smooth?

3 Kudos
Community Member

@codesplice Since I don't have wifi I am unable to test it. I did however get the chance to connect to a friend's Hotspot at work with only a 20mb upload yesterday and that made the game run flawless on the Samsung a21. I was happy to be able to test it. So I now know its not running smooth due to my 4g LTE which runs at 40mb. T-mobile doesn't have an unlimited Hotspot plan sadly so I'm still stuck til Google can possible improve on the 4g part. 

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@ElysianFantasy Interesting, thank you for checking that! It does sound like there might be something network-related preventing Stadia from working smoothly for you over LTE.

How is the signal strength? Download speed tests are great, but the latency and jitter can be even more critical for Stadia. If the signal is weak or the network is heavily congested that could cause those metrics to really suffer, even while maintaining a fast peak download speed.

1 Kudo