cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Ios

Hey google, was wondering when you plan on letting iOS devices play? I purchased stadia not knowing it’s not able to be played on iOS. You commercials are very misleading, go anywhere and play. What about the billion plus iOS users? Seems unacceptable to me and a piss poor business Decision. Pay Apple the 30% it’s more than worth it for you just on volume alone. 100 million iOS subscribers how actually pay for things is better than a billion freeloaders. My 2 cents take it or leave it.

p.s or fix your privacy/tracking issues and the constant glitches in android and more iOS users might switch, doubt it but you never know. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @Longjohn 

The Apple iOS App Store forbids game streaming apps like Stadia or Microsoft xCloud. That means, until Apple changes this rule, there will be no playable version of Stadia for iOS devices.

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Community Member

No it’s the fact google doesn’t want to give Apple the 30% of game sales and subscription fee, plane and simple. Netflix pays Apple to be on iOS it’s a streaming service same as YouTube, doesn’t make logical since they would allow that content but not game streaming. They want to be able to monetize it, google selling the games in a separate market place not giving Apple a cut is the real problem. 

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @Longjohn 

I dont think so. Do you have any proof of this and not that the rule just exists? 🙂

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @Longjohn 

I've to correct me. You are right, a part of all is that Google want to use Apple's pay process. Sorry for my misleading comment yesterday.

---
0 Kudos