cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Full screen?

IMG_20191226_143931_01.jpg

While I am impressed by the ease and stable gaming of Stadia on mobile/my pixel 4 XL, I have been left wondering when are getting full screen mode???

1 Kudo
6 Replies
Community Member

It's one of downsides of this technology. There are only few standard resolutions are functioning now and I wouldn't hope to see many updates there now, while more important content needed (shared library for example).
0 Kudos
Community Member

It's not full screen when the phone is turned horizontally? is the sides black at least? anyway you can provide a screen shot?
0 Kudos
Community Member

Screenshot added, I'm using a 3d printed phone holder since Google decided to not sell one on release and sellout when they did release it. Also since the photo, I have ordered a 1ft USB c to c cable. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Hello, w1ggspl1tt3r. Same thing for me with my Pixel 3 XL. But I have a question about connecting the Stadia controller to your Pixel 4. Is the rumble (vibration) working when you play on your cell phone with the controller connected to USB-C? Because the rumble never worked on my Pixel 3 XL, neither with a Stadia controller, nor with a Dualshock 4 controller. I even tried with a regular Pixel 3 and a second Stadia controller (courtesy of Google) or another Dualshock 4, but it always gives the same result: you can play it perfectly, but the rumble refuses to work. Even after several discussions with Google Stadia technical support, they still haven't found a solution.
0 Kudos
Community Member

I don't recall rumble feedback while using controller to phone. I made sure it was on but... I probably wouldn't even want it turned on because of battery life for both phone and controller. I know for sure playing via Chromecast ultra there is vibration feedback. I'll try my other games via phone and let you know.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Borders will cause screen burn i played 3 hours a day for 1 month  and screen burned my dedicated gaming phone so beware unless there is a future option to stretch the screen to fit the display completely wherever there is a border depending on how long you game and screen brightness you will get screen burn guaranteed. A developer on Google play has made an app for ps4 remote play that allows for stretching the screen even on a display with a hole punch camera I play call of duty using the entire screen no borders at all im even able to play off my mobile data connection so with Googles resources its possible if you want me to direct you to the app I mentioned just ask so you can see what I mean as there is no risk of screen burn when the whole screen is active and not just using selected pixels please do something about this Google as I cannot use stadia on my mobile devices as it will cost me more money in screen replacements after lengthy gaming sessions 

0 Kudos