cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Dose Stadia work over 4g(lte) for you?

Jump to solution

Hi, does Stadia over 4g (lte) work for you?  

I would like to use stadia on the road but the app always requires wifi access. I have already asked the same question directly to the google support and got the answer " the use via LTE is currently limited I should contact the Stadia community for more information..."

So now I am know as much as before,  can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey, @Kaittoo – I just wanted to circle back here with an update. It looks like this feature may be coming sooner than I expected: https://9to5google.com/2020/06/25/google-stadia-2-23-mobile-data-family-sharing/ 

It will be an opt-in, it looks like, so you'll have to explicitly say you want it after they make sure you know what to expect in terms of performance and potential costs.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

Hi, I tried Stadia again today and the lte usage was added, yeah! I used it right before and it works great.

Now I just need a search function in the app for the game shop and all my wishes are fulfilled. Well almost I'm still waiting for realtime strategy/construction games, apparently Stadia doesn't want them in the shop.

Sin of Solar Empire for example is still my favourite strategy game.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

At this point, Stadia is not officially supported over a cellular connection. Some people have successfully done that by opening it from a mobile device's Chrome browser in desktop mode, or by having another phone in hotspot mode nearby. I don't know if there are any plans to officially support it over 4G, but I believe Google has discussed 5G as a possibility. Keep in mind Stadia uses a substantial amount of data, so unless you have an unlimited data plan, you could run into data cap throttling or overage charges.

3 Kudos
Community Member

Ok thx for the replying,

At the moment i only use 4g from my phone as internet Connection, i have an unlimited data plan and lte+ (4g+) is quite fast i get 70 Mbits Downstream and 10 Mbits Up. Ping 20-45

It cost only 40€ per month an i think in the near Future it will get even chaper...

They dont have to wait for 5g ... 4g+ cat 11 or cat 18 get 1 to 10 Gigabits/s ... So why should they waite for 5g, the real problem is most devices do not support 4g+

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Well, not all LTE networks are created equal. It sounds like yours is better than average. Most LTE networks have relatively high latency (which is one of the things 5G improves significantly), higher cost, and lower data limits. As I said, some people have used Stadia over 4G LTE, but Google is trying to avoid a poor experience for a lot of people by limiting it to WiFi at the moment.

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey, @Kaittoo – I just wanted to circle back here with an update. It looks like this feature may be coming sooner than I expected: https://9to5google.com/2020/06/25/google-stadia-2-23-mobile-data-family-sharing/ 

It will be an opt-in, it looks like, so you'll have to explicitly say you want it after they make sure you know what to expect in terms of performance and potential costs.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Hi, I tried Stadia again today and the lte usage was added, yeah! I used it right before and it works great.

Now I just need a search function in the app for the game shop and all my wishes are fulfilled. Well almost I'm still waiting for realtime strategy/construction games, apparently Stadia doesn't want them in the shop.

Sin of Solar Empire for example is still my favourite strategy game.

0 Kudos