Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JosephITA
Community Member

Cannot download stadia APP on Huawei p9 lite

I have a problem

I have a Huawei p9 lite but I can't download the app google stadia.

The app tells me "not compatible with my device".

Is it possible to communicate this to the assistance service? My version of android is 7.

1 Kudo
10 Replies
Highlighted
Ivan Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@JosephITA Can you upgrade you Android version even more? I remember reading something about Huawei devices are now not allowed to carry Google apps or something in the line of that. I wonder if that's the case.

Do you have other phones that you can use the Stadia app with?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Highlighted
JosephITA
Community Member

@Ivan 

No, I don't have any other cell phones.

I contacted the huawei service support and they told me that it is a problem of this app and it serves a patch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ivan Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@JosephITA Yeah I'm not surprised that Huawei service support is blaming it on the app. What is the version of Google Play and Google Play services? Can you check and make sure they're the latest version?

Otherwise, my feeling is just that the device wasn't configured to be compatible with the Stadia app, for whatever reason.

It nothing works, you can try contacting Stadia support to get some help

Go to the link below:

https://support.google.com/stadia#topic=9634925

On top right, click on 'Contact Us' > then request chat/callback to speak to a representative. Try it from a computer browser if the option is not shown on mobile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Highlighted
JosephITA
Community Member

@Ivan 

Yes, I have the latest version of Google Play and Google Play services.

I contacted google stadia support but they tell me that they have not received reports for problems with the app on Huawey p9 lite and I do not know how to report this problem to the technicians.

probably could be solved with an update patch

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Thomas_
Community Member

Hi, I have the P9 lite too and the stadia app is not visible in the store. Google Home was visible and works. Switched to iPad. This is an ugly iPhone app, but did what it should. The Stadia App is primitive and should work on any device in the world. One of the biggest global players is not able to provide a simple app on every Smartphone and Windows, not even an optimized iPad app? After years of development? There is definitely room for improvement. Regards Thomas
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Benedictio
Community Member

Same Problem here. Installing the App on my Huawei p9 lite not possible
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ruan
Community Member

Isn't only Google Pixel 2+ compatible?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
passenger792
Community Member

Same problem here.
Opened a chat with customer care and, after a lot of waiting, they said that is a Google Play problem, so they connected me with Google play customer care that, after a lot of wait,  said that is a Stadia developer question and tried to connect me back with a stadia customer care guy, but something didn't worked and he pasted in chat the link for the stadia support page...

**bleep**, i only want to authorize to play on my tv...is it really so difficult ???

My phone satisfy all the requirements they asked for !!!
No one told me that simply stadia dont like my phone before the purchase!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JosephITA
Community Member

is there any news for this problem?
0 Kudos